Atlantic Regional Federal Credit Union
Home | About us
Atlantic Regional Federal Credit Union was first organized on January 23, 1941 and issued federal charter #4281 on February 16, 1941 as St. John's (Brunswick) FCU. The Credit Union served the members of St. Jean Le Baptist Roman Catholic Church, members of their immediate families, and organizations of such persons. The charter remained unchanged from 1941 through 1969.

In January 1970, the Board of Directors amended the charter to include a broader, community-based membership. In 1999, the Board of Directors received NCUA approval for a new charter that included the Maine midcoast area covered by the Bath-Brunswick Chamber of Commerce and Freeport, Maine. The Credit Union changed its name to Atlantic Regional Federal Credit Union, in 2000.

In February 2004, another field of membership expansion was approved based upon a broader common, community bond for all persons who live, work, worship, do business, attend school in, and businesses or other legal entities within Cumberland and Sagadahoc County.

In addition to serving all of Cumberland and Sagadahoc County, membership is open to spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership, employees of this Credit Union, any relatives of an existing member, and any organization of such persons eligible for membership.
© 2014 Access Softek
Member NCUA, Equal Housing Lender
[Full Site]
Powered by Mobile Locator